Gert-Johan Coetzee, a South African fashion designer who specialises in couture red carpet gowns, he also designs ready-to-wear range recently released his Spring/Summer 2021 Collection. As one of SA’s most celebrated fashion designer it’s no shocker that the collection meets everything you could ever envisgae.
From the cow prints with impressive Victorian fashion in between, we can assure you that the collection is nothing less than a master piece.
At first glance, Coetzee use of soft flowing cow prints can be seen through the collection. According to him, the cows goes way back to his roots – having being surrounded by Ngunis – translated cows and different types of animals while growing up
With intricate precision the cows prints “invoked” new and experimental ideas and designs seen through out the collection. On a closer look, there’s contrasting effect between the soft flowing cow print fabrics which represent freedom of our true selves, and a heavily constructed tulle – representing an armor which according to Coetzee is needed to remember who “who we are and what we stand for” as it sheds.
If your wondering why cow? according to Coetzee “The cow has been significant to South Africans throughout history. In certain cultures the cow is seen as a bridge between the spiritual and the physical.” Moreover it was one of the first symbols of wealth.
- How To Do a Gua Sha Facial, According to Beauty Experts
- Yemi Alade Reps Africa at the 2021 Earthshot Prize Awards
- Emma Watson Just Made Her First Red Carpet Appearance At the Earthshot Prize Awards 2021
- Tems and Temi Otedola Remind Us About The Power of the LBD
- Gigi Hadid Blesses Us With A Rare Photo of Sister Bella with Khai On 25th Birthday